We put small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
– measure how you use the website so that if we wanted to we could update and improve it based on your needs
– remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use this website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
– the pages you visit on
– how long you spend on each page
– how you got to the site
– what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies:
_ga – This helps us count how many people visit the site by tracking if you’ve visited – expires before 2 years
_gid – This helps us count how many people visit the site by tracking if you’ve visited- expires before 24 hours
_gat – Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made- expires 10 minutes
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
Changes to this policy
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) email@example.com if you:
– have any questions about anything in this document
– think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Updated: 1st September 2020